In the framework of Helsinki Design Week 2020, the CreaTures have organised an online panel discussion about the potential of creative arts practices in driving socio-ecological transformations.
Creative arts and design practices have already demonstrated transformational potential in the area of social cohesion and environmental citizenship. However, they are often fragmented, poorly resourced and badly understood.
The CreaTures project demonstrates the power of existing–yet often hidden–creative practices to move the world towards social and ecological sustainability through addressing ways of being and lifestyles. The CreaTures Panel Discussion at Helsinki Design Week will open a space for discussion about existing and potential roles of creative arts and design in driving socio-ecological transformations. The CreaTures Panel Discussion is led by moderators and discussants with experiences from the arts and sustainability sector, and invites the audience to explore diverse scenarios for actualizing transformational futures via creative practices.
- Saija Hollmen, Vice Dean of Art and Creative Practices, Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture (Aalto ARTS)
- Pirjo Kääriäinen, Associate Professor in Design and Materialities, Aalto ARTS
- Julia Lohmann, Professor of Practice in Contemporary Design, Aalto ARTS
- Kirsikka Vaajakallio, Lead Service Designer, Hellon
- Ali Akbar Mehta, Artistic Director, Museum of Impossible Forms
MODERATORS: Marketa Dolejsova and Namkyu Chun (Postdoctoral Researchers of CreaTures, Aalto ARTS)